Friday, July 24, 2009

My First Trip to the Land of Blogging

Launching my company and website has been a rollercoaster of irony – so many highs and lows that I’m feeling dizzy. In an effort to embrace my passion for living simply and hopefully help people see the virtues of simplifying their lives, I’ve made my life much more complicated! So here I sit contemplating this paradox. Where did I take a wrong turn down this path of simplicity and end up on this complicated road?

Whenever I come to one of these questions, I like to take a “zen” moment. For me this means sitting by my window and eating a 100-calorie fudgecicle (trust me, nothing helps you live in the moment better than a fine piece of chocolate!). As I concentrate on the chocolately goodness I ponder paradoxes. Good/evil. Simple/complicated. Fast/slow. The only conclusion I’ve come to is that these paradoxes will always exist. The question now becomes, amidst all of this craziness, how do we find peace and simplicity within ourselves?

This blog will be about my journey for this ever-elusive peace and simplicity that we all strive for. I hope you can glean some insight from my missteps. I will also include some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way as well as some insights from others. And since so much of what I do with clients involves organizing their outer lives to help bring inner clarity, there will be tons of organizing tips and some of my favorite products.

Please join me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment